If you have lost access to your authentication device, you can reset two-factor authentication to log in to your Mitgo ID account.
If several authentication devices were added to your Mitgo ID account and you have lost access to all of them, you need to reset two-factor authentication for each of those devices to log in to your account.
To reset two-factor authentication:
1. In the Google Authenticator code form, click I cannot access this device now.
1. In the Google Authenticator code form, select the device for which you want to reset two-factor authentication and click I cannot access this device now.
2. After that, you will need the following:
- Reset key that you saved when adding this authentication device.
You can't reset two-factor authentication without this key. If you don't have it, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org to recover access to your account.
- Reset code. Click Request a code. A message with the code will be sent to your email.
The code from the message remains valid for 5 minutes.
3. Fill out the following fields:
- Code from the message
- Two-factor authentication reset key
You have three attempts to enter the code and the reset key. If you have no more attempts, you will only be able to try again the next day.
Done! You have reset two-factor authentication for the selected device.
- You will receive a confirmation email message telling you that you have removed the two-factor authentication device from your Mitgo ID account.
- You will be able to log in to your Mitgo ID account and use any service in the Mitgo products section.